Alberta Student Loan Agreement

When a student is first admitted to full-time financing, he or she must enter into a “loan contract” before they can obtain funds. There are two separate agreements: students must print and enter into their Alberta loan agreement before the funding is paid to the student. For more information on the conclusion of Alberta MSFAA: Conclusion of your Alberta Student Study Agreement In order to allow for a processing period, agreements must be concluded at least two weeks before the end of the study period. State loans have several unique features because they have been specifically designed for students: Alberta student assistance is available to Alberta residents according to the criteria listed below. Before they can receive a loan and/or a scholarship (for the first time), students must take out their loan contracts. Loan contracts are referred to as the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs). The Government of Canada provides student financial assistance in the form of loans and scholarships to enable part-time students to access post-secondary education across Canada. The Alberta Part-Time Grant is available to part-time Alberta residents. For eligible students, up to $600 per semester is available. To apply for part-time child care, Alberta students must complete a paper application.

Applications can take 4 to 6 weeks to process, i.e. apply at an early stage. If you have full-time loan financing, you must maintain your registration full-time. If you fall under full-time status during your loan period, Concordia University in Edmonton is required to notify your lender and all future financing payments will be cancelled. To avoid this situation, you are encouraged to take more courses than is necessary for a full time. If your funding is cancelled for a future period, you will have to reapply for that period. You can talk to a financial support advisor before cancelling courses or withdrawing from a program to discuss the impact on your financial situation, and with the Student Accounts Office to determine how this may affect your student account. You will receive an email on your account with Alberta Student Aid containing information about the processing of your credit contracts. If you receive student loans or scholarships in Alberta and Canada, you have a Canada loan agreement and an Alberta loan agreement. Both agreements must be concluded so that all your funds can be released. You must create an account at the National Student Loans Service Centre to receive your Canada loans and/or scholarships. As soon as you know you need financial assistance for students, apply for a student loan as soon as possible.

If you do not get an immediate response from the Student Aid online application, it may take 4 to 6 weeks to get a student loan application. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will know how much funding you can get. If your circumstances change after they have been approved for funding, you can report these changes to Alberta Student Aid. In some circumstances, you may need to report any changes in accordance with your loan agreement. Changes can be reported to Alberta Student Aid by submitting a form for a new exam – Level 1. The minimum length of study for students with a permanent documented disability per semester (autumn and winter) is six credits. Below is a summary of some of the conditions for obtaining educational assistance. By signing the agreement, the student agrees to all conditions, including (but not limited): Example: If a student files his MSFAA full-time Canada but does not hand over his Alberta student aid agreement, he receives only his federal funds and vice versa. If you sign your agreement (s), you agree: MSFAA defines your responsibilities and the conditions for accepting and repaying your student loans.